Almost!

The luminescent blue clock on the night table says it's 12:15 a.m. You wake up peacefully for a moment, then remember that it's not Saturday. It's Thursday. Two more heavy days when you still have to get up and work. It seems like you just lay your head on the pillow seconds ago...you were so tired after the third long day of the work week, and there are two more to go.

Dread sets in, and your innards rumble sympathetically. Sweaty hands...is this a hot flash, or just more anxiety? A tiny dull throbbing starts in your right temple.

Yes, I'm tired. I am not complaining about my job. I love what I do but as what the Spice Girls used to say, "too much of something is bad enough." I am disagreeing though with so much vehemence how classes and trainings are tossed to me like I'm some robot not capable of feeling exhaustion. A site with over 250 FTEs are resting on the palms of my hands, skin on my shoulders, and saliva on my mouth because of all the trainings that I do. And no, I am not bragging about my competence. Not that I disdain training all of them, I am just freakin tired and I need a break. Like a mad cow straight in the field for so long now (God knows I cant recall the last vacation I took), I'm all to weak and exhausted, I feel pangs of pain all over my body and throughtout my veins. I mean seriously! And yes, I am already starting to feel that I have lost the ability to work effectively. And when this starts eating me up, I only do one thing - QUIT the job and walk away with my ticking stilletos. Yes, I can be very bitchy sometimes!

So when should you quit your job? How much should you put up with before you quit your job? When do you draw the line and stand up for yourself?

When you dread the thought of going to work everyday. When you are already fed up.

Each individual has their own time clock for moving on. As the economy stands today, and with jobs being as scarce, we are more willing to put up with nonsense if necessary, but there does come a time when enough is enough.

Yes! I am on the verge. One more occurence of declined or cancelled VL then off I go.

The grass after all is greener in IT Park.