Weird!

There is no such thing as a coincidence, a purely random occurrence of two events. I believe holy moments or divine interventions are connection points in the web of life. They lend balance to what some might call the unholy moments of life’s tensions and frustrations.

The Law of Two’s or the Pairing Off has always governed us since time immemorial. There are the intertwining cycles of seasons – autumn, summer, spring and winter. There is night and day; sun and moon; cold and hot; white and black; yin and yang; fork and spoon; paper and pencil; right and left. These are all nature’s call for balance and harmony. In an ecosystem, balance is necessary to maintain equilibrium, a control and rising above turmoil and destruction.

No one is left incomplete and alone for all his life. There is always a moment of reconnection with the other half, from which you were both created. One is therefore incomplete without the other.

Stories about soul mates abound in history. Versions and interpretations were made available for people to be enlightened and be informed.

One version I greatly depend on for my personal pursuit was the story that when the Master Divine created the world, he made stars, quadrillions, quad zillions and millions more of stars. It was told that those stars would later on be transformed into humans, us. Before He threw the stars in the skies, He made sure that each of the stars’ left and right hemispheres are equally subdivided, so that two stars will be formed from each of the glowing stars. One would become a whole from the left hemisphere, the other from the right one. When the stars were divided and were separated from their main bodies, they were set forth and thrown into an intergalactic immersion of new life and new beginning. The Master Divine uttered his final words that “’Ye would have to remain individuals…and feel incomplete, until time has come unto ye and ye be joined and renew the ties that kept you all these years.”

When you try to look at the six sides of a star and fold it into two, you get the three focal divisions of human systems: the head, trunk and limb. There are people who function well with their right brain hemisphere and these were the stars, which were formed from the right side. Others do well with their left-brain hemisphere and they do best in mathematics and spatial-logical skills. Consequently these were the ancient stars, which were formed from the left side.

Okay. Do not react vehemently my dear readers. I haven't found my soulmate. I don't even believe in such! It's just that one exasperating experience earlier just made me think about the endless possibilities in this world.

In RETROSPECT
Last week was the saddest point in my life. I cried a river. As my psychologist of a friend would put it, I was experiencing mid life crisis. :) I digress. I'd say, I was just lost. I admit that for the past years, I have been living a reckless life and this isn't unknown to the few people who knows me. I have forsaken my standards for quite a number of years. You see, since I was 6, my mother started to investigate The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). She got converted and when I turned eight, I got baptized. After 2 years, my dad who was then third grade alcoholic, gambler and a nuisance in the society, made a 360 degree turn, became a member and led a clean although not perfect life. It went on for a number of years.In fact until I was 18 to be exact. At a young age, I knew what I ought not to do. I was the epitome of a person living the standards set by a Father in Heaven. I never skipped church. I was active in all the activities, I held a calling, planned to go on a mission, followed the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom (I know some of the terms might all be jargon to you and I can explain them if you're interested), and kept the Sabbath Day Holy. I was indeed trying to be "perfect even as my Father who is in heaven is perfect." But things made another turn when my mom left us and a series of other unfortunate events happened. I deviated. I stared drinking, smoking, necking and petting. I was the exact opposite of myself several years back. I stopped going to church. Moved here in Cebu and lived life with reckless and careless abandon. Then it hit me last week that I want change. That I'm all too tired of the kind of life I've been living. It occurred to me that I wanted to go back to church. I just don't know when, where, and how to start.

Fast Forward
I have been working on the night shift for the past two years but because of staffing needs, I got transferred in the morning for the at least 3 weeks and it has been harrowing. I would sit on my desk for a good 9 hours without literally nothing to do except wait 'till log out time. "Petiks" mode. I would usually just surf my heart out to kill time. Hop from one blog to another or Google anything that I can think about. And then I met L. (It's not what you think so please just read on! :p)

Ours was not the conventional type of meeting – ours was the contemporary accidental one. We met when we were both unaware of any possibilities. We were both busy with our own lives. He works at a University in another island and I here in Cebu. One thing connected us though. We both write. We blog to be exact. And in one of my incessant blog-hopping, I chanced upon his blog and found it really funny I couldn't help but make a comment and left a link of my site to his. Perhaps he found my site insane enough to tickle his fancy that he managed to leave a comment too. To cut the story short, we ended up adding each other at YM , chatted and exchanged numbers. An hour and a half before my shift ended, I randomly picked up my phone and decided to call him. Twas fun talking to him for an hour. We talked about anything we can think of like we've known each other for years. We talked about our life, vices, exes, relationships, and future plans. 15 minutes before we ended the conversation, I asked him about his brother's course. He said that his bother took up Nursing before he left for his mission. The last word hit me like a bullet. I immediately asked him, "Unsay inyong religion?" He said gibberish for seconds and seemed to me that he didn't wanna answer. So I rephrased my question: "Mormon ka?" And he gave me a faint "O!" And then I went ballistic. I couldn't believe what I just heard. Stress! I was at a loss for words for a number of minutes, rummaging the corners of my brain for words to tell him when he said, "Sign na jud ni ni Lord. Pasimbahon na jud ta niya!" And that really got me thinking. Two random people, with almost the same life experience, chose to deviate from the church, and bumped into each other online just like that!

After the conversation, I was still high! It seemed to me that the forces of nature yielded us, the universe gravitated on us, and magnetized us that it was indeed time to check on our egos and start being "in the world, but not OF the world." While experience and conviction has barred me from too much believing in possibilities and divine intervention however true to reason and right, the natural Law progressed upon me and made me think about my sincere thoughts last week of going back to the church.

Weird. Really weird. Could it be that faith and hope went together to cross our paths and the Divine intervention and the power of destiny embraced the two of us so that we can go back to the fold and work on our own salvation? *sigh*

I can only ask. All I know is that right now, as I write this, I still feel weird!

24 comments:

Hazel said...

OMG!!!! Really now??? Dont you get it girl? He has arrived. The man of your dreams!!!

Jake said...

Hala teh! Gipakonsensha najud tingali mong duha. Mga suwa il man gud mo. Gituyo nga mag abot mo. Wahahahaha!

Pipip said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... I think he is the guy you've been waiting for... I'm sooooo happy for you! Don't let him go, I beg you!

Anne said...

@Hazel: Whaaaaaaattttttt?? Simang kaau ka!
@Jake: Lagi yot. Gipakonsensha najud ko ai.. Tsk!
@Pipip: Saba diha Pip! Utro sad ka da!

Anonymous said...

I know he will be reading this. So my comment will be for him and not for this post.

To you Mr. L, wherever you may be right now, please come here to Cebu quick and date my cynic friend. Perhaps you can both go to church together and start anew. Can't you see? The universe is conspiring! Get your ass here ASAP before it's too late. Things like this only happens once. Come here na. Mo volunteer jud kog kuyog nimo sa iyang place. hehe

Anne said...

@Anonymous: Na over ha! Lupig pa man nimo namaligya ug unod sa merkado! Paet!

L.A. said...

Pagsimba na lagiiiiiiiiii eeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Hazel said...

seriously Anne! Why don't you date him? That if he is single and available. :)

Hey Mr. L, are you? :)

P.S
Di ko magpakita nimo girl rong mga panahuna kay nakasense ko nga saputon naka sa akong comments.

Anne said...

@Hazel: You better ban yourself from my presence. Lest you forget, I kill in broad daylight, I might just thrust daggers on your bossom. :)

Hazel said...

Waaaaa... Now im sacred and threatened! Anyways, to add insult to your injury, ladies and gentlemen, it's confirmed. Mr. L is that (L.A) who just made a comment. Waaaaa.. Ang haba ng hair!

Peace Anne!

L.A. said...

Hi Hazel. Yes, I'm Mr. L. ;)

Hazel said...

Hello Mr. L!
When are you coming to Cebu to date Ms. A???

Yipppppeeeee.. Magka lovelife na akong friend!

Irvin of Washington said...

this one is for the books. kinda reminded me of that movie, "Serendipity". Way to go! Keep me posted. And it would be nice if you post photos of your first date, too!

japan boy said...

this is wonderful! so when are you guys meeting up? if you get married I'll surely go there and attend the wedding. This gay has just fallen in love over again!

Mrs. dela Cruz said...

God works in mysterious ways. he uses any great means to touch the lives of others. I hope you two wont ignore his call. I encourage you to pray together. I bet you both are the answer to each pther's prayers. *sigh*

Vince said...

Hey, L.A dude! whatcha think bwt all these comments?

Awesome and overwhelming, ei?

Anne said...

@Irvin: Hey, thanks for dropping by. I'll think about your formidable request!

@Japan Boy: It's great to be happy and gay! The world is so small, Mr. L and I might bump into each other anytime soon. For so long as our eyes dont go shut!

@Mrs. dela Cruz: Yes, God indeed is the three Omnis. :) I'm starting to work on His call but forgive me, I couldnt help but laugh at the rest of your comment. Sorry.

@Vince: Thanks for dropping by, Vince! *wink*

Rhea said...

Just a curious question for both of you (L.A and Anne): Don't you feel it in your heart that you've met the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with in each other?

Anne said...

@Everyone: Erm, guys, dont you think you're all harrassing one poor stranger? Can we just let Mr. L be? And if you must all know, he is already taken and about to get married if that makes everyone pacified. :)

Thea said...

Oh, that explains Mr. L's silence. Sayang! Some people just come to late.

japan boy said...

oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear that, Anne. This is sad. :(

Irvin of Washington said...

OMG!!!!! Fate is sooooo cruel!!! But hey, cant you just at least grant your readers one date before Mr. L get's married? Please?

L.A. said...

Don't worry guys. I don't feel harassed or anything. I'm just overwhelmed with your comments (not in a kapalmuks kind of way ha).

Mrs. dela Cruz said...

I still think that God wants the two of you to be together. I bet it isnt too late. I dont know you Anne but I feel that when you're back to that "fold" you mentioned, you'll make one good partner/wife. L.A on the other hand, might just need some time to think. Weigh his options, pray about it and make the right choice. For now, dont shut each other out. Meet up. "Who knows, lightning could strike twice?"