Life Defining Experiences

Is it just me? Could it be that I just complain too much about what's going on? Or it's just that I value my rights so much that i cant seem to let every injustice that I see pass me by... :)

Well, we all know the squander of politicking has been on the road since time immemorial and the people are getting comfty with the idea (since practically, we have no way of getting rid of all them). Polictics is evident everywhere.. In the government, in the workplace or in anywhere else... hahaha... I have been a victim of so many injustices.. harsh... but then again, it's unavoidable... :)

I have come to the disturbing conclusion that there is no single solution to the tragedy that is the everyday life scenario. That's not really a new discovery. I'm sure you guys figured that out for yourselves. Thinking of it makes my head ache and, honestly, it breaks my heart to see a lot of lives in such a horrendous state. What started out as wound has turned into a gangrenous mess because our leaders had let it fester and rot. I think I've said this too many times to too many people: Modern politics has now become a means to amass sums of money or should I say, SPECIAL FAVORS for that matter. When did we forget that being on top also meant service to the other people? When did it become a business venture for superiors to further their own schemes or their friends and allies', putting the interest of the majority they ought to serve and protect EQUALLY into a distant second (if they're lucky)?

Secondly, like I said before, some of us are just as at fault as our superiors. Everyday, I see people who can just get away with some nasty misdemeanors because of their connections. It's just as much an eyesore as the people who are blatantly disobeying such a simple and sensible rule. Or what about the other favorites who just smirk and smile off superiors who are trying to enforce the rules and policies? What the hell is that?? Are they proud of themselves that they can just twiddle the law between their fingers?? Daghan lang jud pong magsalig usahay.. And it's true... A bitter reality that we have grown accustomed to.

It's little things like these that make you wonder how deep down in muck we are. People close to people's hearts get special favors and those who are the "i don't care" and i don't give a rat's ass," passive and non - people pleaser type get to whimper in the brush. It's not fair when you work so hard to earn something which is simply handed on a silver platter to someone else who less deserves it. It's not fair when you have to watch others get what they want and what you want while you sit away in a rut - wishing you were living their lives instead. It's just like applying for an emergency leave because someone in the family died but then you were denied because of reasons that are too shallow BUT before you know it, someone was placed in the same situation and was granted to take a leave or two.. Don't you find it totally unfair? Or it could be that people get terminated for allegedly violating provisions stipulated in the contract when in fact the very same people issuing them are doing the same? Or picture this: applying for a position which was already given to someone way ahead of time when you know the person isnt worth a bit and the advert was nothing but for formality's sake. And I could go on an on and on with my rants. The sad thing though, is all our hands are tied. We have choices, yes, but they are all LIMITED. :) It is indeed a dog eats dog world and kissing people's asses for collective survival is inevitable.. (an utter disappointment!)

Ok, I think I've said enough. I know that mouthing off about a bad situation doesn't make it better, it just makes it noisier. So, here's my feeble attempt at socio-political restructuring: Lead by example. Simple, huh? Lame? Maybe. It won't work? Hey, nobody has even tried. Cheesy? Hehe, you got me. I dunno, actions do speak louder than words and silent gestures stir up emotions better. I think there's still some basic decency in everyone of us. Or could it be that Stephen Covey's words didnt actually have an effect on all of us?

No comments: