On Losing and Choices

I lost a hefty amount of money the other night - equivalent to over half of the pay I get every month. I was shattered and torn but for the first time, I didn't dwell on the loss. I asked everyone who got so concerned about me not to talk about it anymore as twas my way of moving on from the situation.

You see, most of the heartaches in life are caused by our incapacity to move on from a disaster. While most of us feel that getting so consumed with adversaries in life makes us whole and alive, I'd say that dwelling in them proves to be a lot more barbaric and catastrophic.

I decided to forget about that money not because I can easily earn it but because crying over it won't return it to me. Choosing to move on and think about happy thoughts was a decision I knew I had to make otherwise it'll only shatter this excitement I feel for my upcoming birthday.

Life's always like that. One moment you're happy then something untoward makes you feel bad. But over the years, I learned that everything is always a choice. Wallowing on something negative wouldn't do me any good either.

So yes, I'll brave any storms just like this with a great beacon light of hope and a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Dhon said...

I agree! but i will be devastated at first but i will not let is consume my life!

no use crying over spilled milk.