Daddy Rey

Dear Dad,

I'm thankful I had the chance to tell you how wonderful twas to be working with you on the small Christmas card I gave you 3 years ago. More so, to be considered your "adopted" daughter during the span of time, we were going through training and Abay. You have always been the ever supportive and loving dad anyone would wanted. I thought you were the coolest - at 51 you were employed, for the first time in the call center industry. You were great! How you messed around with the boys at break time and how you always had this grin on your face which never fails to amuse me in more ways than one.

When you quit, I knew it wasn't the end of the friendship. We would often times bump into each other , 3 months ago being the last, and you'd never fail to give me the warmest hug.

Then 2 weeks ago, I heard news of your sudden death. I was forlorn but I never realized that it would hurt me that much when I attended your necrology service. I was in between sobs while reminiscing what a wonderful person you were , inside and out. It made me realize how fickle and short life is. I couldnt muster enough courage to look at you one last time because I want to remember you as the ever smiling Daddy Rey I love sitting beside with during OJT and Abay. The guy who would love to wear this immaculate white shirt and faded jeans. The old man who made me feel that I was loved like a daughter for a time.

I will miss you, dad but I know you're in a better place now.

I know I'll see you again sometime.

No comments: