Mocking the Sun

A friend once said, "There’s something about powder blue waters and talcum sands that makes one miss kindred spirits. My friend Bill, is having a grand time in Thailand. I’m here in Cebu, trying to enjoy workign everyday – to soak my weary head in hopeless contemplation. Ah, but there’s a consolation! I get to miss a kindred spirit minus the refreshing blue and briny bottom! How crafty is that?

If only you were here, dear confidant... Maybe you could again, give me a piece of your much needed psychoanalyses. Alas, I would have to fathom this disturbing thought all by myself.

My palate for friendship is beginning to sour with every turning of the tide. Why does everything have to get so complicated? Here you go, basking in quiet conversations, little quips and quirks; and then someone has to blow it just because he thinks friendships offer too narrow possibilities. This is what you get from someone you’ve confided to, Someone you’re supposed to have trusted your life-story, heartaches and secret admiration. Some friendship!

You don’t have the right to tell me what can make me happy! Do I look like I’m in so much need of caring that you have to shove it in front of me, that you have to ask me the whys all the time? I don't expect everyone to understand nor be happy for me. Just don't add salt to the wound. I’m tired of this. Get a life! I’m not the one you’re looking for – the next girl available.

Don’t ever assume when your presumptions are wrong in the first place. You never saw me smile when there was nothing to smile about so stop bombarding me with things I don’t need!

2 comments: