Anjo

He always had this wonderful smile on his face. He never misses class and I can sense that he was always determined to pass the exams with flying colors. He was the type of kid who was born with a silver platter on his table but no, he never showed or brushed of arrogance. The owner of Cebu Beach Club, he remained to be that down to earth kid you can always "bully" around. He surprised me when he introduced himself as a registered nurse. He said he never wanted to practice his proffession in the first place. He held the world on the palm of his hands yet he remained to be that sweet and caring kid among others.

One day, he got too exhausted with work and decided to just quit. I respected his decision and said that he had to find his niche in this life - even outside our workplace; away from the 19 others who have grown to love and adored his company and presence. So why am I writing about him? He shot me one sweet message that touched me big time. It read:

"Ann, I just want to thank you for everything and for being one of the best teachers I've met. Friends gihapon ta ha? I'm deciding to resign and look for a day time job. You've been really great and hope you don't change. Maka influence jud ka in the way you teach."

The message just got me smiling. :) You see, I may know more about the product that I'm teaching but these people surely taught me so many things that'll give me so much the advantage in the world to come.

To you dear, Anjo, continue hitching your wagons to the stars, in search for greater heights. Someday, we'll cross each other's path and talk as usual over beer and life's tiny trinkets in wonder.

2 comments:

Dhon said...

Sweet!

Anne said...

yeah. I am always overwhelmed at the fact that I somehow touch other people's lives.