Merry Christmas!!!

Went home quarter past seven in the morning. Was pretty tired with the whole year – end meeting session with the trainers in Manila. Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t as tiring as it was supposed to because all we did was talked and laugh and stuff like that. What made it so stressful was the fact that our new members made it so difficult for us (well at least that’s how I felt). They don’t tell you straight that they were just forced to join the team but how they acted, how they answered questions and how they carried themselves the whole time during the meeting gave substantial proof that they were not comfortable. It appeared to me that we have deliberately uprooted them from their comfort zones. Well, life’s like that. We deal with changes. And although I don’t really believe that the only permanent thing in this world is change because there’s death and taxes, but believe me, the training team is their best option. It may take time for them to discover the gold hidden among the ores but believe me, ‘tis worth the time. *sigh*

I was supposed to go to sleep immediately however I decided to go with Sherl and Bang to do their last minute Christmas shopping. We went past the busy street of Osmena Blvd to check on the Sinulog shops and perhaps grab some things to buy for ourselves and others. After the walk, we ate at a “ponkers” somewhere in Sanciangko and man; I almost vomited due to over eating. After the scrumptious meal, we went to Plaza fair and checked on the variety of knick – knacks found in the shops. We dropped by this candle shop that had a very irate Chinese owner who lambasted her employees with rants and verbal daggers. I got so pissed with how she treated her employees that if it were not for Sherl and Bang’s strong grip on my hands, I would have bought the fight and slapped that abnormal – looking owner right on her face. The nerve of her to treat them with so much disrespect and humiliation! Maka stress ha!Last stop was at a nearby ukay – ukay. Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything worth my time so we parted ways since Bang’s gonna be working by 8pm. I went to Metro and bought something to eat for the night. The Christmas rush was killing me. The grocery was puking with people and I hated the fact that I had say Php300 worth of groceries in my grocery basket while the rest of the people were like buying loads for Noche Buena. The Good thing though is this time, I didn’t cry. Maybe I got saturated that I’ve learned to compartmentalize things. I went out of the grocer past 3pm. I placed the grocery bag on top of my table and hit the sack. I woke up 1am. Yeah, I slept my heart out and didn’t bother celebrating Christmas with the rest of the world. :)

Was it a Merry Christmas? Duh!

No comments: