constant change

A certain Greek philosopher sat along the bank of the river. He observed that all water moved along through and through. Nothing stays. Thus he formulated and popularized the Theory of Impermance. That everything in this world is changing. Nothing stays.

When I received a text message from my former trainee that his training was ended by HR, I realized that everything is but temporary. Everything is in constant change.

He was not the straight A trainee. There was a point in training that we almost failed him because his scores were really fluctuating. But during the Role - play certification, he proved us wrong. He did it smoothly and when he passed, he said, "Thank you, I assure you that I will not fail you!"

"D" was doing well in OJT. He often boasts his 100% evaluations and I was positive he would be a tenured agent soon. Then the uneventful happened. He overslept because of the sleeping pills he took and was unable to come to work. He got terminated.

I then realized that in a blink of an eye, some things will be taken away from us. Our jobs. The people we love - relevant things that we never thought mattered. All things can be random sometimes.

I was sad, "D" had to leave but then again, everything is in constant change. Some decisions may have repercussions we may not like. Well, not all endings are happy. We have to move on and find our niche in this life. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could never be any truer. Let's say that days ago i thought i've found a reason to stay where i still am now. At this point i feel the calling coming from somewhere far getting louder. I feel it in my depths that I will leave Cebu sooner than expected. Sooner than the magic vanished. Sad truth, feelings and people change in the blink of our eyes.

Toto