in trance

I am in a trance.

Staring straight ahead, I walk on. I am aware of people around me, I see them yet I sense that they live in another dimension. And that I am in a separate one, where only I exist. I see and feel their presence, yet there is an invisible barrier that separates them from me. I interact with them, but there is a defined detachment, allowing me to show only a small part of the I that exists. They try to break through the barrier but the barrier is indestructible.

I feel the weariness of every step, yet a lightness emanates from some vague feeling of anticipation. But it is not certain. It could just as well be dread.

And yet, the lightness stays, infiltrating every cell of my body. It tries to make itself known, it attempts to surface, but the I that exists gently pushes it back.

I carry on. In my protective trance. Where only I exist.

1 comment:

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.