Calloused

Perhaps it's life's way of teaching me a lesson. That the world is populated with people who are out there to hurt you. That for me to survive, I have to make sure that my defenses are guarded. That my process of cognition is should always be at it's prime otherwise I will yet again go through harrowing pain.

I have issues with people. I question motives and trusting can be a tedious task that I will never learn to perfect. Yes, I am perfectly aware that this stops me from being completely happy but I believe life is too fast for me to notice that I have been sad for the longest time. I cannot even recall the last time I gave out a real smile. More often than not, I have been used to appearing unperturbed and wearing these colorful masks to cover my loneliness has been a hard habit to break.

The world is cunning and life in general is hard. And the people in it? Oh, they can be abusive. They can hurt you like daggers thrusted in your chest over and over. So note to self: Act with caution. Do not swoon over gestures that will fade anyway. Everybody lies. Make believe is everywhere. People are out there to hurt so live life as if everyone's your enemy. Trust no one but yourself. Stay calloused and be safe.

No comments: