success!

What measures success?

I had a very interesting conversation yesterday that drives me to ask this question...

Is it the money one makes?
Is it the property you've acquired?
Is it the security you get?
Is it having people who love you to share your successes with?

Or is it the sense of peace, that you feel you are doing something relevant that makes people see you and want to be like you... well, not in a messianic complex way...

It's the way you expand your circle of influence... making people believe in themselves...

What's weird was how he thanked me for believing in what he can do...

Hmmm... I guess going back to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, this does make sense.... gaining approval....

Success is immaterial if you cannot go beyond yourself; to help the people around you see their true potential or push them towards self-realization. This is what Maslow calls self-transcendence.

I'm too tired to explain this, but if you've attended Psychology 101, I guess we're on the same page... :)

No comments: