To Audible Whisper

These are, hopefully, my final words to you.

You sat near, thanked me profusely for my words. I shunned you off, knowing it will be easier for me not to remember you more. The letter will always be with you anyway. I said my final goodbye and you replied you hate goodbyes, that this is just another leaf in our lives that we have to turn... That though this might be hard but you had to make a choice... I agreed and realized that everything has been all about you...

You who became my inspiration in this boring, routine job... You who, in your own secret endearing ways, encouraged me to excel and be the best that I can be... And because of you, I strive to become my best... And because of you as well, I had tried to change myself (because people always say that I am too good for you) but in vain... I realized later on, I can never have you but I can always be me...

But why have I not been affected of these feelings until now? Have I denied it then? If I should have told you beforehand, would you stay? But my disclosure came too late. Blame it to fate. Funny how we set our eyes on that specific somebody who cannot reciprocate the desires in our heart when there are a lot of others willing to do so. But this is reality. There can only be just one person whom one will choose to love... And in my case, it's you...

This is it. I have shed the last bucket of tears. I now understand perfectly your unspoken words. And as i sat here into the welcoming arms of abandonment, this time, I promise, it will be all about me. How many times do I still have to cry to finally let you go in my heart? I guess this time i will not allow myself to be vulnerable. You're leaving and that's all there is to it. No more what-ifs and what-might-have-beens...

Goodbye, dreamer's eyes... Don't worry i am trying to forget these feelings... I will miss you, I really will and I guess you know that. And the saddest thing, you did not give me the reason to hold on to something that might have been between us. Or could there be or nothing at all? I am weeping still... This might be the reason why I dont like working anymore...But i will not blame anybody nor myself... I am just human afterall, I love and fail, I am, fortunately, not a goddess...

No comments: