Cherry Blossoms

If you have been following my blog, then you would have known what a masochist I am. Whenever I feel like the world just seems too bottled up and I wanna break free from the shackles of constriction and the manacles of segregation, I call on to my tattoo artist to get my listless pulp colored.

I vowed to myself though that every time, I allow myself to go through this physical pain, the art and ink embedded on my skin should carry a purpose and a meaning. So yes, ladies and gentlemen, I did it again. As to how long I'm gonna make this an outlet of releasing my stress, I really dunno... =)




I chose cherry blossoms this time. The Chinese say it;s a symbol of power and love and the power of femininity. Ah, a woman like me asserting her power of independence. Since this flower only blossoms for a period of time, the Japanese on the other hand sees it a symbol of life's brevity...

There. Beautifully etched on my left foot are 5 cherry blossoms reminding me that it is not noble to get too attached to life because all is transitory and will pass in time.


***** Please dont mind the ugly foot... :p

5 comments:

Mindless Rambler said...

I love your tattoo. I have 9 tattoos and I enjoyed getting them all except for the one on my foot which was a killer so I admire anyone who can go through a foot tattoo. It is very beautiful!

Anne said...

@Mindless Rambler: Hey, thanks for dropping by. I am glad I have someone around who can relate to the pain and pleasure of getting inked..

April O'neil said...

your tattoo is amazing i love cherry blossoms thats acually going to be my next tattoo for my arm...

April O'neil said...

i love cherry blossoms and i love your tattoo im acually designing my next tattoo for my arm with cherry blossoms

Lydia said...

Hi Anne, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!